Friday 1 October 2010

Week 39 Challenge - Fancy or Interesting Folding

Hello all, Dee here and it's my turn to set the challenge this week. But first I have a bit of news. Sadly Stacie has stepped down from the Design Team, we will all miss her and her lovely projects. But, we now have 2 new Design Team members Emma and Lis, so please give them a big welcome and we look forward to seeing their projects.

We also need to thank the lovely peeps at Letraset who decided that all the people who we selected to win in the Aquamarker competition last week deserved to get FULL sets of markers - so all those of you who won and got bumper packs when you weren't expecting them - well done, what a bonus!!

Nikky has another show on Tuesday next week on Create and Craft, so don't miss it if you're around, or record it if you're not - all day Tuesday will be LIVE on C&C until 9pm so tune in at 7pm for the live show. There's bound to be a laugh or two along the way, lol.

Right onto this weeks challenge. I love interesting folding on cards so that's what the challenge is this week.

Make a project that has some interesting or fancy folding somewhere

It may just be an element on the project or it may be the main card/project, the choice is yours. The more unusual the better, so surprise us all and go mad.

The ever efficient Ruth has done a fabby folding tutorial for you all. It can be found on her blog here.
Thanks for all your fabulous hidden element projects for last weeks challenge and remember you can still enter the challenge until Sunday 12noon. GMT. We love to see all your lovely projects so keep them coming.

Winners from the Easel card challenge (Week 37) are:

First Place: Maria Simms
Second Place: La Diva
Third Place: Maria Patrizia

Congratulations! Please e-mail Nikky for further details......

Please bear in mind that we don't include you for prizes if you combine more than 10 challenges! You have until 12noon GMT on Sunday 10 October to enter the challenge - good luck!
Onto the Design Team creations for this weeks challenge!

Kris: I've made a stair-step card for Halloween. I've used images from the new Sundae of Seasons CD (front panel-spooky house and the mummy) along with a backing paper and sentiment badge from last year's Halloween download.

Brenda - I love this acorn image on the new CD Sundae of Seasons and printed it out several times to decoupage then added leaves cut from from the same CD tied with raffia. The card was created simply on the scoreboard from a sheet of A4 cardstock and lined with a sheet of coordinating paper from the CD.

Tracy - I have decided to do a gift folder that contains some Christmas cards, these were all made using the winter section from the new cd Sundae Of Seasons. What wonderful winter characters there is on the cd too. The template for this folder was given to me from my very dear friend B x



Dee: I've done a spot of teabag folding on my card. It was going to be the main element but not being a 'less is more' kind of gal I made it into a waving card using a pipe cleaner or chenille stick, depending on how politically correct you want to be. I used papers and elements from the Paper Boutique Vol 2 cd this week.
Fliss - I decided to have a go at a stair step card too which I've never made before and found it easier than I thought it would be. All of the elements come from the new Sundae of Seasons CD, the gingham paper from the Spring Baby collection and the rest of the elements from the Summer collection as I couldn't resist the gorgeous dotty flowers and butterflies. If you need a link for a stair step card template, there's one on my blog.
Claire : It seems we were thinking along the same lines with Dee's challenge. I too have never made a stair step card - really enjoyed this format. I have also used the new cd Sundae of Seasons.
Enfys: I did a fancy swing card thingy - I don't know the name for this sort of card (swing card thingy will do....). Here's the inside of the 'swing'
and here's the front of the card. All papers and images from Sundae of Seasons, with a bit of added doodling

Lisa - For the folding challenge this week I chose to make a cute little bag made out of a simple envelope and you can find a link to the template on my blog. The sleeping baby image from the Spring section of the Sundae of Seasons CD is so adorable I couldn't resist putting her on my bag! This new CD has so many yummy images that no matter which one you choose, you just can't go wrong!! Way to go Nikky!
Ruth: Fancy folding - now I didn't have a clue what to do until inspiration struck me! I've documented my project in a tutorial which is on my blog if you want to know how I did it! I've used a 12x12 sheet of Bazzil card and then added the very wonderful A6 sized Santa from Paper Boutique Vol 2 - Creative Christmas. Santa has been cut out and layered with some glitter glue, for well, Christmas bling!

Jenny I had a play with half a sheet of A4 card and came up with this aperture card.  I've also added some origami folded flower embellishments.  All the elements and papers came from Sundae of Seasons.

Emma I made a pop up fold card for you this week using the Sundae of Seasons CD, I created a little Autumn scene using some of the rik rak, bows and acorns for embellishments.



You have until Sunday 10 October at 12noon GMT to enter the challenge, and to be considered for our top three, please do not exceed the 10 challenge rule!

****


8 comments:

  1. challenging challenge! ;)
    Thank you, my first time too.
    Here's my entry

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial which I decided to follow for this challenge - love the new CD it has so many gorgeous and useful images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The samples from the DT are all sooooo cute and lovely to look at! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT creations! I just love each and every one.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely creations ...Good luck everyone x
    Why don't you pop along to our craft blog www.fiskarettes.co.uk We have competitions, challenges, charity events and even a class at the NEC (Birmingham with Shimelle lane - but you need to book x)You can inspire or be inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous DT cards ladies. Brilliant inspiration.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great cards dt
    just marvelous
    i've just linked mine
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!