Friday 29 October 2010

Week 43 Challenge - Autumn

Hello everyone, Fliss here and it's Friday again so it's time for a new challenge but before I give you all the details, here are the results from Ruth's challenge, Something Spooooky!
The top three after a really difficult choice this week are:

First Place: Princess4Wiz
Second Place: Carrie Ann
Third Place: Collette

Congratulations! Please contact Nikky for further details!  You can catch the next Polka Doodles show on Sunday at 12 noon on Create & Craft (Freeview/Freesat/Sky 671) - some great demo's and I believe Nikky has a total surprise bargain up her sleeve that is unmissable!

Please remember our rules when entering challenges: Follow the theme of the challenge and the maximum number of challenges you can enter your Polkadoodles creation in is 10 (including this one). Good luck!
This week's challenge is to use some glorious Autumn/Fall shades of oranges, browns, golds and reds of fallen leaves for your creation, as being an Autumn girl by birth I just adore these gorgeous colours.

Fliss: For my creation, all elements are from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I used the black and white digi stamp leaves and tree. The leaves were coloured with Promarkers and cut out. I cut the tree out with a Nestabilities die, sponged with Distress inks and coloured the bark with a Promarker. I added scalloped matting, a punched Martha Stewart border and a greeting from the CD with some of the gorgeous papers. I just love these glowing, warm colours.

Ruth: I've used papers from Sundae of Seasons to make these flowers. They are really easy to make and effective! Added kebab sticks and wooden beads and they are finished!
 
 Kris: All of my images are from the Sundae of Seasons CD. The main wheelbarrow image (I used one of the colored ones) was trimmed and mounted on burgundy cardstock. This was mounted on a muted plaid, again on burgundy cardstock. I cut the bird out and perched him on the handles. I printed the buttons at about 60% and punched them out with a 1" inch circle punch. I spelled "fall" with stickers and then punched some leaves from one of the green papers and made them "fall" down the left side.


Enfys: A very simple card from me this week. The cardstock looks greyish in the photo, but they are all shades of taupe. I used octagonal nesties to cut the central medallion, then cut around a spray of acorns with a craft knife. I decoupaged them a bit for dimension, and added glossy accents to the acorns. The whole spray was stuck on with silicone glue. The sentiment is a printed one from Sundae of Seasons, the white button is real, the others are printed.


Brenda - I used the yummy Autumn section of the new Sundae of Seasons CD - I think all the DT are in love with this CD - Acorns and leaves all re-sized and cut out to decoupage, frame made with a Nestie using papers from the same collection and flower the same paper using my tattered floral die and liberally spritzed with glimmer mist.


Emma Hiya, this time I have used Nikky's gorgeous rubber stamps for the main image and sentiment, then the Sundae of Seasons CD for the papers. I coloured this gorgeous girl in Promarkers and glittered her up. Add a few gems, punchies, a bit of ribbon and some hand made tickets into the mix and you get a wonderful Autumn look.

Dee: Pure stamping from me this week. I used the Prim Christmas Stocking stamp and the snowflake from the Christmas Doodles rubber stamp plate. I used Aquamarkers to colour in the main image and distress inks for the snowflakes and blended edging. I added some punched out snowflakes using a Martha Stewart punch, and finished off with some Doodle Dewdrops. As you can see from the links it's all available from the Polka Doodles website.

Tracy - I have used the Sundae Of Seasons for the backing paper and leaves, and the main image which is coloured with Aquamarkers is a Stamp Doodles PDSD011. And the butterflies are made using the butterfly stamp from the fairy flutterfly Meeshelle set.

Jenny I too turned to Sundae of Seasons to make my card. I made the bird house from the Spring section more Autumnal by colouring it with gold, brown and orange Promarkers and added the little robin from the Festive Postbox stamp.

Tracie: I used Sundae of Seasons and made a flower from the leaves, used the gorgeous scarecrow and my fav ever ribbon from the PD shop!

Claire - I have been inspired by our first Autumn ground frosts this week... lots of sparkles to go with the great Autumnal colours. All elements are from Sundae of Seasons with added glimmer mist, alcohol ink, stickles, velvet brads, Sakura pens, art glitter and Sepia glaze.

Lis-m: I too used the papers from the Sundae of Seasons cd but it just had to be the Flutterfly Fairy Rubber stamps...these are soooo cute ! I used a sketch I found a while ago (I love to use these, they are great when you lose your Mo-Jo!) these are layered on kraft card... the image is coloured with my Promarkers and the sentiment is a flutterfly fairy one .

Good luck and please remember our rules - deadline for entries is Sunday 7 November at 12noon GMT.
****

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for a fun challenge. Stunning projects by the design team. Hugs, Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your designers and Enfys is a favorite of mine. I love this theme and this is my favorite time of year........Visit my blog:
    http://lovethatexpressions.blogspot.com/
    E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com
    Thanks for the challenge..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls, lovely dt work again. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the challenge. The most colorful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the DT cards as always !!!Love this time of year for challenges there are such an array of colours to use on a project.

    Hugz

    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely inspiration from the fab design team!! Thanks for this great challenge!!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!