Tuesday 15 January 2013

A Song In My Heart Canvas

Hello folks, it's Fliss here today to share a canvas with you that will show you that the gorgeous little robin from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 2 - Gingerbread Twist CD isn't just for Christmas lol.
I've gotten very inky and painty here and still have green fingers (not from gardening you understand!) and hope you like what I've created.


To begin with, I painted my 20cm square canvas with a shade of acrylic paint called Early Spring Green - can you tell what I'm longing for?! I then used a chicken wire stencil to apply green gold and olive green acrylic paints. As this looked a little darker than I wanted, I added a light wash of the spring green watered down to soften the effect.
I then printed out one of the fern digital stamps from the Heavenly Garden section of the Picknix Collection 1 CD on to some vintage music score. I coloured the fern with Crushed Olive and Mowed Lawn Distress inks using a cosmetic sponge and cut them out when dry.
I then tore up some of the scraps of leftover music score and glued this to the canvas before sponging on a little of the Crushed Olive to blend the paper in. I glued the fern fronds on top.
To finish, I added the cute little robin using my favourite trick of adding foam tape near the top of the image and double sided tape at the base which gives a very realistic look to the little chap. I added some computer generated text inked with the Crushed Olive and a small heart trimmed from the leftover music score coloured with Barn Door Distress ink.

Stay tuned for another project from the Studio 12 teamies on Thursday. Don't forget that there's 15% off at the Polka Doodles Online Shop at the moment so now's the time to stock up on those wish list goodies!
Hugs, Fliss xx

2 comments:

  1. Amazing project, Fliss. You made a fab job with canvas and colour, gorgeous hybrid creation, hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Fliss x x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!