Friday 22 March 2013

Week 12 Challenge - Embossing

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Before we move on, I need to announce the top three from challenge 10 which was Distressing:

Congratulations go to:

1st Place - La Diva - you win a Colour Therapy DVD - please use the code PD1W1210 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Rachel Fisher  - please grab your blinkie from the sidebar
3rd Place - Celine Jo - please grab your blinkie from the sidebar

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:



Embossing

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 31 March at 12noon GMT!  The winner of the challenge will win a copy of the Picknix 1 CD!  Now onto some wonderful samples from the Design Team!

Ruth:  I've gone for double embossing, cute and Easter all at the same time!  The pink and blue papers are from the very versatile Candy Doodles cd which I turn to time and time again as I love the soft colours!




Margaret...for this challenge I have used the beautiful papers from the cd Sugarplum Daisy the shaped card is cut with spellbinder dies, and the flowers,swirls and leaves cut and embossed  using Marrianne dies, inked with distress inks and the embossed sentiment has been done with cosmic shimmer mica powders...and a little bit of bling added.


Anjie - For this weeks card I have used an image and papers from the Pretty Tuff CD. The image is coloured with ProMarkers. For my embossing I've used a birthday embossing folder and strip. I've used co-ordinations card and sanded off the top. I've added a couple of paper clips and some faux stitching around the edge
                   

Pinky - For my card I used this adorable Bunny image from the Cherryblossom Lane Cd. The image has been coloured with promarkers. The papers have all been embossed using a freebie butterfly embossing folder and another folder I got from a lovely blogger friend. All has been matted onto some silver mirri paper and finished with a piece of pink and silver ribbon from my stash.


Clare - This week I decided to make a flower pot card using the sentiment and beautiful flowers from the All Around & Everywhere CD. I have used Kraft card which I have embossed with a folder on the flower pot and on the inside greeting card. I have added Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink Pad to my card and brown buttons and twine to the flowers. 




Kitty - For my card I have used one of the Time For Tea Digi's called Heart Balloon. I teamed her up with papers from Gingerbread Twist CD and i embossed the flower with a swiss dot embossing folder. :) 


Shell- For my card this week I have used Papers and image from Pretty Tuff CD, the image has been coloured with my copics....I have embossed a panel with a stars embossing folder and added a few star die cuts to finish.

JAN:  I have used the gorgeous 'Cherryblossom Lane CD' for my card this week and couldn't resist this little guy in his umbrella boat, which I coloured with my Promarkers. The background paper and sentiment are also from the CD and I chose to include dry embossing as part of the background.


Kim : For my card I've used the Back to Nature cd - just love those swirly peacock feathers! The tag is from the cd and I've added a sentiment, with eyelets punched through and ribbon threaded. I've added an embossed panel and some mulberry paper flowers. 


Annethis week I've used papers from the Candy Doodles CD and one of the Time for Tea Deaigns digital stamps exclusive to Polka Doodles.  I've kept it plain and simple with just an embossed border, some twine and a little butterfly charm.

                          

Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules - closing date is 12noon GMT Sunday 31 March.

14 comments:

  1. hi there - thanks so much for placing me second! You've made my day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. all lovely, but especially like the bunnies - so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of different takes on the sketch girls! Fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. not sure if mine meets the criteria as the card was bought embossed
    i dont mind taking it off if it doesnt do
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations to the winners and what amazing cards from the Dt's xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners and I will be back with my own entry.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful DT inspiration, great challenge. Thanks for everything. Hugs and happy crafting. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so addicted to embossing. It really gives great texture to cards and projects. Thanks for the fun challenge and the great work of your DT>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I have just entered but my picture hasn't posted. I am number 15 Linda Simpson and this is the link to my blog post.
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/botanical-beauties-rose.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a great challenge and stunning dt creations...TFS!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im really sorry ive linked my card up to your challenge and i shouldn't of as i have backlinked so can someone delete it please...sorry!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope i did it right, if not can someone please let me know so i can do it right. this is my blog post. http://strawberryrainsdelights.blogspot.com/2013/03/polkadoodles-and-studio-12-week-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge for me, I don't do embossing very often, this was a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the great challenge and for sharing the gorgeous DT creations hugs Karen P

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!