Friday 14 March 2014

Week 11...MUM's the WORD Polkadoodles Challenge Inspiration

Hi everyone, welcome to another Friday at Polkadoodles.
Today we are bringing you some additional inspiration for our current challenge from last week
Mum's the Word

Yep, we want to see all your Mother's Day/Mum projects!
Mother's Day is sneaking up on us here in the UK, but you don't have to do a Mother's Day card, it could be a card for your Mums birthday, or your Grandma.  Let's see what you come up with this time.
Remember you don't have to use one of our products to enter but we'd love it if you did and you have until 21st March to enter!

Don't forget Polkadoodles has a fantastic new collection available and shipping now which might also be great for this theme! It's an absolute snip at only £8.99!
You can also get these adorable characters as digis from the store too on instant download! 

The prize for this fortnights challenge, Mum's the Word, is a copy of this fantastic collection! Wow!

The winner and top 3 from our Week 8 Challenge Sugar and Spice, can be found at the end of this post.  

But first we have some wonderful DT creations for your inspiration.

Scatty Jan I loved making up my project this time - I used the very, very scrummy CD Bonbon Belles - I chose the character Georgia who I coloured with Graph'it Markers Apart from the pink card all the elements and papers used are from the CD - A little Distress ink used around the edges and also some detail sparkle in the center of some flowers - The card shape was cut on my portrait but everything else I cut out by hand xx
Katie Not long now till we have to tell our mothers how much we really love them. Be it your Grandma, Mum, Friend or someone whom you love very very much a great way to show them how much they mean to you is a handmade card. This is because not only have you thought about them but you have taken time to make them something special. This card was made with a cutting pattern on my electronic cutting machine.  I have used backing paper from Pic N Mix Cd  . The ticket is from the Cherry Blossom CD . Have fun and give love to all the mums out there. Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx
Bev here with my take on this weeks challenge. I've used a couple of Cd Roms this week. The backing paper, striped border and oval 'Mum' sentiment are from Dolly Daydream Girl Talk and Billie the gorgeous digi stamp is from Fredericka which I coloured in with Graph'it Markers the colours used are on my blog. A couple of die cuts and a bit of bling brings the whole thing together.
Anjie - I have used a real mash up of products on this card. I started with 3 pieces of chip board and covered them in paper from the Wonderland CD-Rom. I distressed the papers with a distress ink and added faux stitching using the Graph'It Shake WHITE pen, which is a great pen. As you can see the colour is really strong and goes on in one go! I then created some panels using the same CD and technique. The letters are from the Magical Winter 2 CD-rom which proves the CD isn't just for Christmas. I have added the letters onto die cuts. I then printed out embellishments from the Sundae of Seasons CD-Rom and again used distress ink on them. And finally I printed out the heart shaped doilies from the All Around & Everywhere CD rom and distressed them too. I slightly altered the colours of the letters and doilies in a graphic program (MCS) to go with the project. I hope this gives you some inspiration to have a look through your older CD's and dust them off.
Shell- For my card this week, I have used one of the older cd roms from Polkadoodles. I simply printed a topper of the Love & Cherish CD. The actual card took about 15 mins to make but I spent hours going over the cd and finding all the things I had forgotten about...I cut the MUM on my cameo then simply added a few gems and some ribbon.
Susan - What a lovely challenge ,Mothers Day .I have used papers and an image from one of the new collections Girl Talk which is available on CD or download ,its an amazing bundle of everything you could wish for.
Ruth: I've gone back to Paper Boutique Vol 3 for my card! I printed all the elements plus some extra flowers in A5, cut everything out and then layered it up. The butterflies are chipboard that I've coloured with Promarkers. Sentiment tag is handwritten.

So there's our inspiration this week!
Remember you have until 21st March at noon to enter this one

just add your project to the LINK HERE

Our Random Winner from Week 8 is
#37 Jo L
Well done Jo! You've won a goody bag worth £50!! Email us here to claim your prize!

The Design teams top 3 were:
#16 Suzi
#33 Julie P
#37 Jo

We look forward to seeing all your great creations as always and we'll see you here again next week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you......so chuffed to be the random winner & top 3.....congrats to the others!
    I've just emailed you
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!